Cockle Creek, Tasmania

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The painters have been again...

We are only 76 days away from hitting the road.

As we are planning on renting out our home while we are away, there are a few jobs around the place that need to be finished. One of the big jobs was finishing the painting from our house extension 4 years ago. I am pleased to say that the painters aka Dad & Sue (my father and stepmum) have been doing a great job and have almost finished all the inside painting jobs. I would just like to say a huge thank you to them as there was no way I could have got the painting done without them. It has also allowed me the time to focus on sorting, chucking and packing.

The next big job is to clean out the garage and find all those other bits and pieces we really don't need anymore. I am having a garage sale (even though Phil doesn't think we need one) on Saturday 2nd April. Hopefully by then I will be very organised and can start taking photos for the rental ad.

I also bought this morning a school sports uniform top in preparation for having two little girls at school come 2012. There will be another trip back to the Uniform shop before we go as I still need another summer tunic so the girls will have two each. People can't believe that I am getting organised now for Ella starting school but I would prefer to do it now then stressing over it in the summer holidays when I can't do anything about it. I also made her library bag this week while I was cleaning out the sewing room.

Until next time.. Happy Travels.
Thea

No comments:

Post a Comment