Cockle Creek, Tasmania

Saturday, June 11, 2011

The adventure has began!

Today at 10am (yes a little later than 6am but lets be realistic here) we departed Mt Colah to our first destination Dubbo via Parkes. Of course we didn't quite make it to Dubbo and are spending the night in a lovely rest area just 3kms north of Parkes.

The kids travelled well and we had our first stop at The Fruit Bowl in Bilpin for lunch in the drizzling rain and a play on the play equipment. After lunch the travelling was all too much for Kai and Ella and they soon rested their weary heads. Maddi entertained Tig and I with a game of eye spy which she kept having to tell us her answers as she was to good for us. Somehow every time it was my go, Tig would guess my answer within about 5 seconds of me telling them which letter. It was very annoying and Maddi tried to convince me that she was actually whispering him the answers.





We arrived in Orange for afternoon tea at the local park which thankfully had a swing set to play on. It was a lovely 11 degrees and the kids and I popped on the beanies to keep our ears warm. I would love to come back and explore Orange some more one day but today we had to push on.

Central West NSW provided us with our first beautiful sunsets as we drove towards Parkes.

Tomorrow we plan on heading to see "The Dish" aka Parkes Radio Telescope first thing and then push on to Dubbo to the zoo.



Today's achievements were:
1. We actually got away before lunch time.
2. I travelled past Bathurst, yippee. I don't think I have ever been further west than Bathurst before. Correct me mum and dad if this is wrong.
3. I did my first small town driving the big rig without hubby in the car. This was around Orange locating the park while he went shopping.
4. Probably more but it is late so I next need to find a home for all the items that I dumped on my bed while trying desperately to get away.

Till next time
Thea

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos!!! Great start to the journey, enjoy your first night and we look forward to more updates - keep safe xxx

    ReplyDelete